Serving Size: 6 Caplets
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value*|
|L-Arginine (HCL)||5,000 mg||*|
|L-Ornithine (HCL)||2,500 mg||*|
|Proprietary Blend - Supporting Nutrients||320 mg||*|
|Magnesium Hydroxide(specially buffered stomach acid neutralizer)||25|
|Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine)||1,000|
1. Aleman A, Verhaar HJ, DeHaan EH, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-I and cognitive function in healthy older men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999;84:471–5.[PubMed]
2. Anawalt BD, Merriam GR. Neuroendocrine aging in men: andropause and somatopause. Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America. 2001;30:647–69.[PubMed]
3. Arvat E, Giordano R, Broglio F, et al. GH secretagogues in aging. J Anti-Aging Medicine. 2000;3:149–58.
4. Blackman MR, Sorkin JD, Munzer T, et al. Growth hormone and sex steroid administration in healthy aged women and men: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2002;288:2282–92.[PubMed]
5. Bowers CY, Granda R, Mohan S, et al. Sustained elevation of pulsatile growth hormone (GH) secretion and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3), and IGFBP-5 concentrations during 30-day continuous subcutaneous infusion of GH-releasing peptide-2 in older men and women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:2290–300.[PubMed]
6. Cummings DE, Merriam GR. Growth hormone therapy in adults. Annu Rev Med. 2003;54:513.[PubMed]
7. Ho KY, Evans WS, Blizzard RM, et al. Effects of sex and age on the 24 hour profile of growth hormone secretion in man: Importance of endogenous estradiol concentrations. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1987;64:51–8.[PubMed]
8. Liddle RA. Ghrelin [online] 2006. Up to Date Accessed 8 Sep 2006. URL: http://www.uptodate.com.
9. Melmed S. Physiology of growth hormone [online] 2006. Up to Date Accessed 8 Sep 2006. URL: http://www.uptodate.com.
10. Merriam GR, Blackman M, Hoffman A, et al. Effects of chronic treatment with an oral growth hormone (GH) secretagogue on nocturnal GH and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) in older men and women. Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology. 2006;27:36. published abstract.
11. Merriam GR, Schwarz RS, Vitiello MV. Growth hormone-releasing hormone and growth hormone secretagogues in normal aging. Endocrine. 2003;22:1–7.[PubMed]
12. Merriam GR, Barsness S, Buchner D, et al. Growth hormone-releasing hormone treatment in normal aging. J Anti Aging Med. 2002;4:1–13.
13. Merriam GR, Cummings DE. Growth hormone and growth hormone secretagogues in adults. In: Meikle W, editor. Endocrine replacement therapy in clinical practice. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press; 2003. pp. 63–94.
14. Merriam GR. Clinical Endocrinology Update. Chevy Chase, MD: The Endocrine Society; 2002. Growth hormone as anti-aging therapy, and other emerging (and submerging) indications.
15. Merriam GR, Kletke M, Barsness S, et al. Growth hormone-releasing hormone in normal aging: An Update. Today’s Therapeutic Trends. 2000;18:335–54.
16. Merriam GR, Buchner DM, Prinz PN, et al. Potential applications of GH secretagogs in the evaluation and treatment of the age-related decline in growth hormone secretion. Endocrine. 1997;7:1–3.[PubMed]
17. Merriam GR, Wyatt FG. Diagnosis and treatment of growth hormone deficiency in adults: current perspectives. Current Opinion in Endocrinology and Diabetes. 2006;13:362–8.
18. Molitch M, Clemmons D, Malozowski S, et al. Evaluation and treatment of adult growth hormone deficiency: An Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91:1621–34.[PubMed]
19. Papadakis MA, Grady D, Black D, et al. Growth hormone replacement in healthy older men improves body composition but not functional ability. Ann Intern Med. 1996;124:708–16.[PubMed]
20. Pavlov EP, Harman SM, Merriam GR, et al. Responses of growth hormone and somatomedin-C to growth hormone-releasing hormone in healthy aging men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1986;62:595–600.[PubMed]
21. Rudman D, Feller AG, Nagraj HS, et al. Effects of human growth hormone in men over 60 years old. NEJM. 1990;323:1–6.[PubMed]
22. Thorner MO, Nass R, Pezzoli SS, et al. Orally active ghrelin mimetic (MK-677) prevents and partially reverses sarcopenia in healthy older men and women: a double-blind, placebo controlled, crossover study. Endocrine Society Annual Meeting; 24 June 2006; Boston. 2006. abstract OR5–5.
23. Veldhuis JD, Patri JM, Frick K, et al. Administration of recombinant human GHRH-1,44-amide for 3 months reduces abdominal visceral fat mass and increases physical performance measures in postmenopausal women. Eur J Endocrinol. 2005;153:669–77.[PubMed]
24. Vitiello MV, Moe KE, Merriam GR, et al. Chronic growth hormone releasing hormone treatment improves cognition of healthy older adults. Neurobiology of Aging. 2006;27:318–23.[PubMed]
25. Vitiello MV, Schwartz RS, Buchner KE, et al. Treating age-related changes in somatotrophic hormones, sleep, and cognition. Dialogs in Clinical Neuroscience. 2001;3:229–36.
26. Vitiello MV, Wilkinson CW, Merriam GR, et al. Successful six-month endurance training does not alter insulin-like growth factor-I in healthy older men and women. J Gerontol Med Sci. 1997;52A:149–54.