|Weight Loss Nutrient||Category||Mechanism of Action||Suggested Dosing|
|Irvingia gabonensis (African Mango)||Appetite|
Decreases appetite by breaking leptin resistance (leptin is a hormone that signals the brain to stop eating). The average weight loss was around 20 pounds in 10 weeks.1
|150 mg twice a day.|
|White Kidney Bean||Sugar Blocker|
Inhibits amylase, the digestive enzyme that breaks down carbohydrates to be absorbed into the bloodstream as glucose. Resulted in a loss of 6.5 pounds on average in just 30 days.2,3,4
|445 mg twice a day. Take 15 minutes before the heaviest meals of the day.|
|Brown Seaweed Kelp and Bladderwrack||Sugar Blocker|
Together they block two digestive enzymes: amylase, which helps break down starches into glucose molecules, and glucosidase, which breaks down simple carbohydrates into glucose.In laboratory studies, reduced after-meal fluctuations in blood sugar by up to 90% when compared to non-supplemented animals and reduced blood insulin levels by as much as 40%.5
|Green Coffee Bean Extract||Sugar Blocker|
A rich source of chlorogenic acid which inhibits the digestive enzyme glucosidase and the sugar producing enzyme glucose-6-phosphase. The result is lower after-meal blood sugar levels.6
|200 to 400 mg/day.|
Inhibits the digestive enzyme sucrose, which breaks down sucrose to fructose and glucose in the digestive tract for absorption into the bloodstream. The result is improved blood sugar and insulin levels.7
|550 mg twice a day. Take 15 minutes before the heaviest meals of the day.|
A soluble fiber that binds to bile acids in the small intestine and helps transport them out of the body.8Overall, this will help decrease the number of fat calories from entering into your bloodstream.
In placebo-controlled studies, participants lost on average 8 pounds in just 8 weeks.9,10
|2 grams twice a day. Take 15 minutes before the heaviest meals of the day.|
|Conjugated Linoleic Acid||Metabolic Booster|
A study that showed a dose of 3.4 g CLA per day for 12 weeks seems to be sufficient to reduce body fat mass (BFM) significantly in overweight and obese humans.11
Another study showed 3.2 g per day increased lean body mass over a 12 week period.12
And a six month study on overweight adults showed CLA decreased body fat in specific regions of the body for all participants.13
|3 to 4 grams per day|
Unlike many “fat burners” that stimulate the central nervous system, Fucoxanthin works directly in fat cells.14,15
Scientists have found that its weight loss benefits are enhanced by combining it with pomegranate seed oil. The active ingredient in pomegranate oil reduces blood supply to fat cells and prevents them from increasing in size.16,17
|200 to 400 mg a day. Take 15 minutes before the heaviest meals of the day.|
|Green Tea Extract||Metabolic Booster|
Its principal antioxidant is epigallocatechin-3-gallate or EGCG. It promotes a healthy resting metabolic rate.18
|150 to 300 mg/day.|
- Lipids Health Dis. 2009 Mar 2;8:7.
- Altern Med Rev. 2004 Mar;9(1):63-9.
- Altern Ther Health Med. 2007 Jul-Aug;13(4):32-7.
- Int J Med Sci. 2007 Jan 24;4(1):45-52.
- InSea2™-In Vivo technical report (Animal assay).doc
- Nagendran MV. Effect of Green Coffee Bean Extract (GCE), High in Chlorogenic Acids, on Glucose Metabolism. Poster presentation number: 45-LB-P. Obesity 2011, the 29th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Obesity Society. Orlando, Florida. October 1-5, 2011.
- J Nutr. 2001 Mar;131(3):796-9.
- Int J Obes. 1984;8(4):289-93.
- Curr Ther Res. 1989 Nov;46(5):908-12.
- J Nutr. 2000 Dec;130(12):2943-8.
- J Nutr. 2007 May;137(5):1188-93.
- Br J Nutr. 2007 Mar;97(3):550-60.
- Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005 Jul 1;332(2):392-7.
- Int J Mol Med. 2006 Jul;18(1):147-52.
- Diabetes Obes Metab. 2010 Jan;12(1):72-81.
- Br J Nutr. 2009 Jul;102(1):54-9.
- Mol Nutr Food Res. 2006 Feb;50(2):176-87.
- J Med Food. 2006;9(4):451-8.