SuppVersity - Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone: SuppVersity EMG Series - Gluteus maximus, Quadrice...
: Actually, it would make as much sense to split this part of the SuppVersity EMG Series in two, if not three individual analyses, as it woul...
An EMG-optimized routine
There is of course a myriad of ways of combining the individual exercises, my personal recommendation for overall leg development (based on EMG measures) would yet be as follows*:
- Squats - to parallel (70°), 6-10 reps
- Hack squats - to 90°, 8-12 reps
- Leg curls - peak contract. or partials, 10-12 reps Superset:
- Donkey calf raise - peak contract., 12 reps
- Seated calf raise - partials, 12 reps Optional
- Adductor machine - 12-15 reps
- Abductor machine - 12-15 reps
You may notice that I do not make volume (i.e. set) recommendations. This is due to the fact that I found that everyone has to find what works best for him / her
in terms of optimal volume and training frequency. This may also change over time / according to lifestyle factors / nutrition and supplementation.